Topic: Verify Tick List

When using the verification features on iRecord, I often use the 'Verify tick List' option. This usually works well, but occasionally when refreshing a page of records you have to turn the feature off and on again for the tick boxes to appear. I reported this some time ago, and had thought it was fixed, however there are still occasions when this process has to be repeated. As this is an intermittent bug it was very hard to replicate, but I think I have finally found the trigger.

If you select a record (with the Verify Tick List' enabled), and click on the 'Query' button, then sends the query, the next time that the grid refreshes the tick boxes will have been lost. To get them back, you have to click the 'Review Single Records' button, then 'Verify Tick List'. The user has to repeat this process each time the grid refreshes, but can be resolved if they reload the page.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Re: Verify Tick List

Hi Dave,

This sounds like very useful information.
I have copied it to the iRecord issue queue at https://github.com/BiologicalRecordsCen … /issues/93

Jim Bacon.

Hi

I see that some work has been done on this issue and that it will be fixed in the next release but that may not be for a month or two, depending upon what else is in the pipeline. Thanks for reporting it.

Jim Bacon.

Did this 'fix' ever go live? If so, it didn't work as I still experience the same problem when using the the verify tick list. I now try to save up the records that require queries and reload the form to go back to tick list verification. This does slow the process down a bit!

It is also slightly disconcerting that if a record is selected (but not ticked) after clearing a page of ticked verifications, that selected record defaults to being ticked when the page refreshes. So if you don't immediately query a record (which I often don't do for the reasons given above), it is possible to accidentally include this record in the next list of ticked verifications. I have caught it several times, but I does beg the question how often have I not noticed? To avoid it, I now try to ensure that only ticked record are selected when hitting the 'correct' button, but it would be helpful if this default behaviour could be removed.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Slade

Yes, the fix went live some time ago.
I have reopened https://github.com/BiologicalRecordsCen … /issues/93

Your second paragraph is a separate issue which I have raised at
https://github.com/BiologicalRecordsCen … issues/261

Thanks for your feedback,
Jim Bacon

Thanks Jim

Dave Slade

Hi
John has done some more work on the tick list issue which will be included in the next feature release.
I would expect that will be available some time in the next month based on the current rate of releases.
Jim Bacon.

The latest release, 1.40.x, now includes an update to try to resolve the tick-list problem.