Topic: Records Access Problems

This morning and yesterday there seem to probelms with accessing records using NBN Atlas Scoptland
It is no longer possible to click on a square on the distribution map and access the records for that grid square.
In the record filter system Watsonian Vice-County seems to have disappeared. there is now country or country (UK), the former is surely redundant.
Please can we have Vice County back, otherwise I have to draw polygons to access what is often a small set of records from a mass of records for the Scottish mainland.
Accessing records is already time consumming (see earlier posts about circularity and accessing single records), please can you fix this current glitch asp.

Thank you

Christine

Re: Records Access Problems

I too am seeing similar problems. I can get sometimes (after numerous json errors) get a square on the interactive map that I want to see the details for but clicking on it does nothing more than giving me the whirling sundial thing. Nothing useful about the square ever appears. (I am trying to see details for Myzia oblongoguttata in TL1947).

So I thought I would try to download all the records for the species using my facebook account as the login. This just gives me the error message "
CAS is Unavailable

There was an error trying to complete your request. Please notify your support desk or try again.
"

I'm therefore giving up on the Atlas for today.

Keith

Still not working!
No response from NBN.
Is there a fast track for reporting non-operational?
If not perhaps we need one.

Christine

Hello

Thanks for reporting the problems - they have been reported for investigation and fixing.

Please note that although the vice-county filter is missing from the NBN Atlas Scotland it is available on the NBN Atlas.

Many thanks for reporting these issues.

Christine

Thank you.
Is it possible to put the VC county filter back on the NBN Atlas Scotland as the country filter is redundant?

Hi Christine

Sorry - I should have been clearer - I have asked for the VC filter to be made operational again on the NBN Atlas Scotland - it was not intentionally removed.

Thanks again for advising us of the problem.

Christine

Thank you - it is a very useful tool.

Christine

8 (edited by charliebarnes 11-07-2017 15:29:12)

I'm having trouble accessing this record: https://records.nbnatlas.org/occurrence … 7380576867

Something went wrong....
Error: unknown
Failed to get json from web service (https://records-ws.nbnatlas.org/occurre … 7380576867). class java.io.IOException Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://records-ws.nbnatlas.org/occurre … 380576867, java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://records-ws.nbnatlas.org/occurre … 7380576867

these links give me:

"message": "Not enough replicas available for query at consistency LOCAL_ONE (1 required but only 0 alive)", "errorType": "Server error"

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Not sure if this is related but in the records.nbnatlas.org species map view when clicking on a highlighted square and then the 'View records button' in the pop-up window the Records tab is briefly brought into focus before immediately switching back to map view. Not as designed surely?

This has been a quirk of the system since it started and has been driving me bananas, every time you try to view a record you get taken back to map, or even when you try to get back to the search results.
It is bad enough only being able to see one record at a time, but this circularity is making a tedious process a totally frustrating. Formerly a quick check of a handful of records took minutes, it is now taking at least half-an hour.

I raised this matter on the 9 May and I'm still waiting for a response.

I don't understand why 'wrinkles' in the system like this weren't ironed out in the Australian incarnation of the Atlas before being imported to the UK. A UI bug like this must be data independent surely? Are we using the same software iteration as the Aussies?