Topic: import template

I can see where to set up the paths to a number of items in tools > Options. However where can I set the path to Import templates folder; it is not listed with the other paths. Thanks

Re: import template

This isn't a path you can change through options. Do you have a problem which needs the paths to be changed. Generally, I wouldn't recommend changing the  file paths  unless there ie good reason to do so. This one and others can be changed through the registry if required.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike. It's a legacy of having several installations of Recorder. The original installation must have gone into folder "recorder 6" while the new one is in "recorder6". Recorder is looking for the import template folder in Recorder 6 which now just contains my import templates. I was just trying to be tidy and removing the old "recorder 6" folder. I can live with it if it is easier to do,so.

Best bet is to change the entries in the registry if you don't mind doing this.   In your situation it would certainly be a good idea to check the file location in the registry.   Run regedit. Look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ Software/Dorset Software/Recorder6/Settings. All the paths are there. Make sure all the file paths are where the current data is located. If you are unsure about any of them please ask.

Mike Weideli

Thanks very much Mike. Have edited the registry and sorted out my problems.