Topic: Spatial Search using WKT

Hi,

This may be raised elsewhere, but I can't find it if it is.  If anyone can point me in the direction of a thread that answers this question, then that would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I have used a QGIS plugin to generate WKT for a polygon.  I have then pasted this into the box on this page https://records.nbnatlas.org/search?tic … ialSearch].  From what I can tell, the syntax looks fine.  I have clicked on the "Add to map" button but am not getting response.  I'm sure what is supposed to happen though.  Presumably a map displaying the polygon should be generated.

So basically  I'm not sure what to expect to see, but I would like to search all records for the polygon I have generated the WKT for.

Thanks,

Tom Hunt - Association of Local Environmental Record Centres, National Coordinator

Re: Spatial Search using WKT

That page is broken. There should be a map showing before you ever paste in your WKT I think. There are various JavaScript errors which need fixing before you will be able to anything with it.

Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for the swift response.  I can circulate amongst LERCs in case anyone else is trying to use the same function.  I was looking at it because potentially I might want to access data for a big project in the future.  I would need data for a large set of polygons, so I may need to look into another way of achieving this.

All the best,

Tom Hunt - Association of Local Environmental Record Centres, National Coordinator

Hi Tom,
Watch for a response from the NBN. Hopefully they will add this problem to the issue queue and action it.
If you have a big project which is mining a lot of data then it might be worth contacting the NBN to see if they can offer you a better solution than you doing it through the Atlas interface.
No idea if they can - it's just a thought which might save you a lot of time.
Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much.  Yes I will be contact with them.

Regards,