Topic: Unhandled error message when validating records in import wizard

I am currently trying to import downloaded Indicia records into Recorder, but when I validate the columns in the import wizard I am getting an "unhandled error message citing a "range check error". Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have tried it several times, restarted the computer / Recorder, deleted out unnecessary columns etc but am still getting the same error message. I have to do a big data export soon including this data so any help much appreciated!

Re: Unhandled error message when validating records in import wizard

I have since tried another import file which has imported successfully, so i have gone back to the original data file and resaved it without formatting to a new file, deleted more unnecessary information and tried the import again, only to receive the same error message. The file that won't work is an survey I need to report on soon, obviously the one that did import is less important forreporting purposes, but other than that i cannot see any obvious differences between them...

This issue turned out to be a recorder who'd added a comma at the end of his surname which crashes the Recorder 6 import. The Indicia downloads are now tweaked to strip out commas at the end of the surname fixing the issue.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi

Is is possible to handle this during the import into R6 as there may be other systems/datasets that leave trailing commas (with/without trailing spaces) at the end of Recorder and Determiner names?  For example, MapMate names often have this problem.

Thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

I have had this again, either because of a trailing full stop or an initial comma. Removing both sorted it

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust