Topic: Reporting pages

Our site Indicia reporting pages have been timing out and the iform settings for creating new ones wont load properly.

I also noticed that the reporting pages on iRecord itself appear to be hanging.

I am investigating the site errors but is there a known issue with the reporting iforms or is this something at my end? (note explore records and all other forms appear to be working fine).

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Reporting pages

Hi,

Sorry for slow response (mine and the warehouse).
Sounds as if the warehouse was perhaps labouring under a heavy load.
Are things back to normal for you?

Jim Bacon

3 (edited by BDeed 12-06-2017 13:55:25)

Hi Jim, I'm not sure if it might be a configuration error somewhere on my site. Tried to get a new form up last week but just keep getting (504) timeout response, just tried again now and same again (report used attached).

This only seems to occur on the recorder 'league' type iforms when filtering by location_id.

Post's attachments

report.jpg 36.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

4 (edited by BDeed 12-06-2017 13:53:15)

Of potential relevance and may (or may not) be related, the iform for creating new indicia pages doesn't appear to be loading the xml from the BRC warehouse properly.

As a workaround I have to create a new Indicia content page, at which point any fields other than the basic settings does not load (see attached). If i then save the page and go back and edit it the additional settings (e.g. the report settings section) are then populated and can be completed normally. On iforms other than the location_id filtered 'league tables' this works fine.

Post's attachments

xml.jpg 45.34 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

5 (edited by Jim Bacon 12-06-2017 14:23:37)

That doesn't sound very healthy.
When did you last update your Drupal module? (Edit: The IForm module I mean.)
Jim Bacon.

I'm just good at finding new ways to undermine my own stability. I am the proverbial Bull.

The whole module on 10/04/2017 and client helpers again on 02/06/2017. I noticed the last D7 security update started lodging .htaccess files in some folders which caused issues but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

It's good that you have got such recent updates.

However, I wonder if, by updating just client_helpers, an inconsistency has arisen. Sometimes a code change in client_helpers might need a matching change in e.g. media.
I'd suggest you get the latest versions of the module, client_helpers and media (1.32.0, 1.32.4, and 1.34.1 as of this moment) and try them together. At least then, if the problem persists, we are debugging from a known codebase.

Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

I've updated all three, tried to create a page and am still getting the same behaviour. No errors in the browser.

There are two curious lines of error in the log that look like they relate to the loading of an iform;

[Wed Jun 21 17:42:02.458612 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 18614] [client 217.182.132.18:38676] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required './sites/all/modules/iform/client_helpers/prebuilt_forms/distribution_map_1.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/linweb24/a/activenaturalist.org.uk/user/htdocs/mbb/sites/all/modules/taxon_formatters/trunk/taxon_formatters/modules/indicia_map/indicia_map.module on line 9

[Wed Jun 21 17:53:25.156673 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 18372] (32)Broken pipe: [client 136.243.36.94:43490] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function

On the first, the php file does exist at that location though i am usure as to why the code is looking in "usr/share/pear" i have no idea what that location represents.

This suggests an ini config error (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/181 … -share-php) it gives me something to explore in any case!

I suspect the second error is a result of the first.

Hi

The include path of .:/usr/share/pear is probably fine. It says that, when files are required, they should be looked for relative to the current folder (represented by .) or /usr/share/pear.

Can you try clearing all caches. Some file paths are cached and if things move around then the cached paths will be wrong.

Jim Bacon.

I do quite regularly clear the cache as i tinker with the site. No joy.
I wonder if the site being a sub domain is breaking something. It has done so before.

Ok. How about disabling the taxon_formatters module temporarily. That ought to remove the logged error and it would be interesting to know if that helps solve the other problems.

Another thing that I was aware of was that the path to that module, /sites/all/modules/taxon_formatters/trunk/taxon_formatters, is not what I would expect.

In a normal installation it would be/sites/all/modules/taxon_formatters/. I don't know if Drupal minds the extra two directory levels or not. If disabling it helps then we could see about moving it in case that makes a difference.

Jim Bacon.