Topic: Coleoptera view

I've not noticed any other queries on this so wondering if it may just be us!

There seems to be an issue within the taxon dictionary where a 'COLEOPTERA View' (not sure where it has come from) is sitting above the 'ORGANISM View'.

This in itself isn't a problem but when volunteers attempt to (manually) correct species names on import by unrestricted search and match they receive an error along the lines of 'species does not exist in the current taxonomy'.

The only way around this is to change the list for every match (it defaults back to 'COLEOPTERA view' after every match).

What am i missing?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Coleoptera view

I have been able to duplicate this and agree it isn't working as it should. I will aim to fix in the final version of 6.27 with some other changes needed to the release candidate.  In the meantime try slecting 'Organism View' as  the dictionary. For some reason this seems to be being retained. A search on 'Preferred Taxa' should now be better than 'Unrestricted' in finding entries.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Hi Mike / Ben,
Just a note to say we have had the same experience...
One of our users also noticed this as a problem on trying to match species whilst importing data, the problem is as described with this Coleoptera view selected the other lists are not being searched even though 'preferred list' is selected on the search box.
Like you say this is overcome by selecting any other list before searching.