Topic: Welsh Atlas

Hi folks - I see that the NBN Atlas Wales has snuck into being? (Via link at bottom of recent NBN enewsletter). Is this supposed to be live, or not? Only I see that the main BTO dataset seems to be referred to as "Convention on Migratory Species - EUROBATS Annex 1", so something clearly got muddled.

P.S. You still can't do a search for 'Blackbird' either on this, or the main Atlas - or at least, you can't get to Turdus merula via this name string.

Cheers

Re: Welsh Atlas

The issue with the main BTO dataset is happening on the UK atlas too, probably needs raising separately...

-----------------
Teresa Frost | Wetland Bird Survey National Organiser | BTO
Other hat  | National Forum for Biological Recording Council
(Old hats  | NBN Board, ALERC Board, CBDC, KMBRC)

Hi Andy,

The Welsh Atlas is 'live'per se, but the steering group were keen to not have a big launch just yet, as we still have lots of stakeholder engagement to do to polish the site, and meet all of the requirements of recorders and data users in Wales.  We plan to hold some big stakeholder events in Autumn some time and then have a proper launch of the site then.

Is the issue with the BTO dataset just that it is named incorrectly? If you let me know what the dataset title should be, then I can amend this for you now.

Cheers,
Ella

Thanks Ella - OK, I understand re Welsh atlas.

Re the BTO dataset, it was named fine last week, but the name has gone awry at some point in the last few days. I can't remember precisely what we called it - I could dig it out, but rather than just changing it, I'd suggest you need to understand how the name slippage has occurred? So that you can work out if the same may have happened to other datasets, and if there are further implications?

Cheers

5 (edited by TeresaF 10-05-2017 11:05:26)

I don't think it is just the name. If you go to the BTO page and click on the first dataset you get a normal datset page with usage stats etc. The Eurobats one is listed as number 6, but it still has info on it relating to the actual list of bat designations, not the bird records. I am guessing some indexing has gone wrong somewhere.

PS Ella, if you go to a species like Robin to the datasets page you can see the biggest number of records coming from "Eurobats", which is why we think it has got muddled with the main BTO dataset https://species.nbnatlas.org/species/NH … a-partners

-----------------
Teresa Frost | Wetland Bird Survey National Organiser | BTO
Other hat  | National Forum for Biological Recording Council
(Old hats  | NBN Board, ALERC Board, CBDC, KMBRC)

OK, thanks for clarifying. We'll look into it.

Ella

Hi all, this issue is now sorted.  It was a data migration issue with the species lists that just affected the BTO datasets.

Thanks for raising.
Ella

Thanks Ella.