Topic: Moving Recorder to new Server

I am moving Recorder6 to a new server and I have tried to ensure the two systems are identical but I have an issue as follows:

Old Server                   New Server
Recorder version     6.26.2.286                  6.26.2.286
Dictionary version    0000003X                   0000003X
Database version    000000AW                  000000AX
SQL Server               2008 Express              2012 Express

I can't see how to update the database version on the old installation to match the new 'pristine' installation, will copying the old NBNData over the new NBNData cause any problems?

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Moving Recorder to new Server

I also meant to add would it be better to copy the database files (after detaching) or do a backup from the old and restore on to the new?

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Moving Recorder to new Server

I suggest you detach the database and then attach it to the new installation, however a backup and restore  through  Management Studio will do exactly the same thing. This will put the new server in line with the old one.  You may have already implemented AX as it was available on the Forum. In which case the only thing not exactly right database entry in the settings table, which will not cause a problem and will be sorted out when you upgrade to 6.27. Script AX fixed the issue with the Redundant flag and also needed to dictionary upgrade to 3X to fix.

Mike Weideli