1 (edited by DaveSlade 26-04-2017 10:07:43)

Topic: Error creating a new recording form

I am trying to create a recording form on the NFBR website and I am getting this error when trying to preview the page:

cUrl POST request failed. Please check cUrl is installed on the server and the $base_url setting is correct.
URL:http://warehouse1.indicia.org.uk/index.php/services/data/save
Server response
{"error":"Unauthorised","code":1}

I have previously been able to create recording forms and can edit the ones that are still on the website so I am unsure as to what permission has changed if indeed I am no longer unauthorised to publish new recording pages. Should the base URL actually be the warehouse or should it be the NFBR website?

Dave

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Re: Error creating a new recording form

Hello Dave

The $base_url setting in iForm\client_helpers\helper_config.php at NFBR server should have configured with warehouse URL. if not please add in warehouse URL.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hi Dave,

That is the warehouse saying that the Drupal site is not authorised to carry out an action.
I don't think there is a general problem because I can go to http://www.nfbr.org.uk/?q=record/sighting and e.g. the species look up works.
One thing that can happen is that authentication of a web page is time limited so if you take too long over something you can hit this error.
If you are using the Drupal preview I know that is something I never do. Totally lost in the mists of time as to why I don't. If you save the page, unpublished if you need to hide it, does it work?

Jim Bacon.

The website uses "BRC Live Warehouse 1", so I have updated line 4 of the helper_config.php to:

static $base_url='http://warehouse1.indicia.org.uk';

This has had no affect.
Dave

Dave Slade

Sorry Jim, crossed posts!
I was looking at the preview because the page itself is showing as blank, so I was hoping to isolate an error. When the preview returned one I thought I had something useful to work from.

http://www.nfbr.org.uk/?q=sighting_sherwood_conf2017

I have turned on the firefox debugger and get this message which may or may not be useful:

"The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol."

Dave

Dave Slade

Hi Dave

That page is returning a 500 internal server error.
Check the Drupal Error log for starters.

Jim Bacon

I can't see anything useful in the drupal error log. Reloading the page does not create any log entry at all in fact.

Only this which is (I presume) unrelated:
User warning: The following module is missing from the file system: forms_and_surveys_library. For information about how to fix this, see the documentation page. in _drupal_trigger_error_with_delayed_logging() (line 1138 of /home/sites/nfbr.org.uk/public_html/website2015/includes/bootstrap.inc).

Dave Slade

Hmm. Something very terminal is happening which is surely going to be logged somewhere - perhaps in the PHP error log or in the web server log. We could hunt for that but, in all likelihood, it will be something to do with the configuration of the form so the alternative is to work through that. You could begin with a new form and add in configuration settings a few at a time until we hit the one that causes it to break. I would further guess it will be a problem with one of the more difficult fields, such as the form structure.

Jim Bacon

I just created a new near blank one and it loaded, so I will work through the problem page until I find the difference and will let you know how I get on.
Dave

Dave Slade

It was an elementary error. The form was set to 'Allow entry for multiple occurrences using a grid' with the UK Master list as the default list. It was supposed to be a single single entry form.
E-- for Dave

Dave Slade

Glad you figured it out but I'd blame the developers for permitting you to select options that cause the server to blow up :-(
Sorry.