Topic: Congratulations

Hi

I've posted a lot of comments here in the past week in the hope that this will be helpful in resolving issues. Since electronic communication often fails to convey the sentiments with which statements are made, I'm just pausing to congratulate the NBN team on sticking to their launch deadline and to encourage them to keep up the good work by explaining or resolving issues that we encounter and keeping us informed of progress.

I thought this might be an opportune moment to say that my impression is that the Atlas is a very capable infrastructure which has been performing very well for me. I sense from email correspondence that the developers have been working exceedingly hard to do a huge amount of complex work in a short space of time.

There is clearly still more to be done and there are likely to be some teething troubles but I am optimistic that the end result will be good.

Jim Bacon.

Re: Congratulations

I am feeling rather more positive about the Atlas and I would like to record my appreciation of the efforts being made to resolve the problems.

I would also like to add how much we appreciate the work of the very technically able contributors to the Forum and to everyone who spends time testing the system and reporting the errors.

The Atlas has the potential to be a good system, but we need to ensure that at the basic level it provides the data the recorders need in a suitable format, that they have confidence in the system and that the navigation is easy and intuitive.

Thank you

Christine

Re: Congratulations

Many thanks for your posts, it is great to hear that the NBN Atlas is working well for you and that you are feeling positive about the Atlas' potential.

We are striving to make this the best infrastructure we can and our top priority is to make it fit the needs of the NBN Partners and members.

We very much value and appreciate all of the comments and feedback that users are providing on the Atlas.  It is inevitable that with a complex system such as this there will be some teething problems and, while we carried out user testing, it is only as people use the site for their everyday needs that some of these issues will become apparent. So please continue to make us aware of any problems and we will continue to do our utmost to address any bugs found as quickly as possible.

Jo Judge