Topic: Notifications revisited

A while back our users stopped being able to view notifications on SEWBReCORD. With Jim's help we isolated the problem and it was resolved by making a slight adjustment to the code. They lasted for about a month, but have now stopped appearing again. Can we take another look at this?

There should be notifications as users are receiving emails stating that they have them to view.
Dave

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Re: Notifications revisited

Hi Dave,

You mentioned a problem a few weeks ago and I asked Martin Harvey if he was aware of a problem with IRecord. I thought it would be helpful to try to determine if the issue is with the warehouse or the client web site. He replied

There's definitely something odd happening with notifications. My current ones seem to arrive okay via email. BUt when I go to the iRecord home page it tells me I have 149 notifications waiting, but if I go to My Notifications it tells me there are 30.

I've just acknowledged those 30, and the home page is back to telling me there are 119 waiting. So the new ones are clearing but there's something stuck from some months ago.

Not sure if that is the same issue as Dave Slade is reporting though.

I'm just grappling with the replacement of the NBN Gateway so I can't investigate this myself just now.

Jim Bacon