1 (edited by Graham Hawker 24-08-2009 15:41:33)

Re: Recorder Import Wizard

As I can't see  that this feature is in Recorder I'm posting this here rather than in How Do I.

When you import grid refs the qualifier is always "imported". However I want to define if the grid reference is the recorders original or whether it's the site centroid or indeed whether a four figure reference is a 1km or tetrad record, which is not an option in the list at present but would be very useful.

We also have abundance data which is a mixture of exact and estimates. Some of it is "greater than" counts. Abundance data seems to just go in as exact so this then is misleading. The original information id being kept in the comments field but it is easily lost amongst other comments.

Graham Hawker
Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre

Thanks for pointing these issues out - i have now logged them for future improvements.
Thanks,
Lynn

3 (edited by mbeard 05-12-2011 12:30:18)

Hi,

I've been looking around and not been able to find any further reference to improvements to the import of grid reference qualifiers i.e. anything other than "imported".

Is this still on the future improvements list? 

Great to see that there is a publicly available known issues and work around list, any chance of this happening for the future improvements?

[edit: spelling]

Mike Beard
Natural Course Project Officer
Greater Manchester Local Records Centre

I am currently compiling a list of candidates for inclusion in v6.18. I have the ability to import additional column types via the Import Wizard on the list so I have included spatial reference qualifier as an example of what users may want. Once v6.17 is out, we will be reviewing my list prior to consulting users with the aim of ensuring that whatever funding is available is put to best use.

Re Graham’s point about accuracy, Abundance Accuracy was added as a column type in v6.15 but note, as it says in the Help, ‘If there is more than one set of Abundance data for an observation the value in this column will be applied to all of them.’ It is also worth noting that ‘~40 Adults’ in Abundance data imports as Qualifier: Adult (provided Adults is matched to Adult); Data: 40 and Accuracy: Estimate. I was reminded of this when testing a change in v6.17.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Hi

I notice that the spatial reference qualifier has never been added to the import wizard column types.  Is there a technical reason for this or was it just not considered a priority?

It would be useful if this was added (if budget allows).

Thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Done

Mike Weideli