Topic: Remote User Login / Registration

I'm trying to get Indicia logins to be used on a remote site. I have Indicia forms embedded with entity iframes. I think I need the user ids recognised by the warehouse if they are to be able to edit their own data.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have to have them create a logon on the Drupal site before it will be possible to pick it up on the remote site but I'm not sure.

Has anyone done this yet? It's looking more like I'd have to code something and I'm trying to avoid that if I can. I've looked at a few Drupal modules and tried looking for WordPress plugins. The first sites I'm implementing it on are both WP but there are others out there that want it.

Tony

Data Manger
Somerset Environmental Records Centre

Re: Remote User Login / Registration

Hi Tony,

Can you help me to better understand your question... I think I need to translate it in to terms I understand.

The way we work is that we have a Drupal website as our front end. Users register with the Drupal site. When they register the Drupal site connects to the Indicia warehouse back end and looks to see if they have an existing account on the warehouse (based on matching email addresses). If there is no existing account a new one is created. Either way, the Drupal site then stores the user's unique warehouse ID in their profile. This is all handled by a Drupal module.

Thereafter, whenever a user logs in to our Drupal site and submits a record, the data they enter is forwarded to the warehouse with their user ID so that all the records they enter, across all similar websites, are attributed to the one user. The data entry forms and data submission are all handled by another Drupal module.

There are no similar plugins written for Wordpress. However, the hard work is all encapsulated in a platform-agnostic PHP library.

We also have a Drupal module that allows mobile apps to register users with our Drupal website and submit records. It allows the Drupal site to act like a relay, attaching additional information to the incoming record such as the user's warehouse ID.

What I don't understand is what you are meaning by a 'remote site'. Nor do I understand where you have created Indicia forms or where you have embedded them with iframes. Can you elaborate?

Jim Bacon.

Re: Remote User Login / Registration

Thank Jim.

So we have recording groups with their own websites and we have made forms on our drupal site to embed on their sites. So I don't know how the user id's link on those forms in use elsewhere. It seems at present I have to get them to create an account on the Drupal site first. Even if that is so how do I get that id info to the remote form when they come back so their form is pre-filled with their details.

Data Manger
Somerset Environmental Records Centre