Topic: Moving events into another survey

Hello,
Apart from dragging and dropping or exporting and importing the records, is there an easy way to move a large number of records from one survey to another?

Thanks

Christine

Re: Moving events into another survey

There doesn't appear to be a "multiple select" function (or multiple cut & paste). That would ease the task of moving large numbers of records.

No, it'd have to be a batch update of some sort.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thank you
I'd hoped that there was something simple that I'd missed!
Perhaps we should ask for a "multiple" select function to go on the wish list.

Christine

I will add it to the listt of requested changes. Not sure how easy it will be to do. This is easy to do with a batch update if there is a simple way of identifying the events, say by date or recorder. If you let me know what you need to do I will try and help,

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike.
Unfortunately the surveys contain a broad range of events, dates and recorders. I was just looking for a very quick way of tidying up my miscellaneous assortment of surveys.
I will have to have a careful re-think on how I structure my surveys.

Christine

Try this.....................

UPDATE SURVEY_EVENT SET SURVEY_EVENT.SURVEY_KEY = 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
WHERE (((SURVEY_EVENT.LOCATION_KEY)='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'))
Where xxxxxx etc is the location key of the site for which data is to be moved and yyyyy is the key of the survey to which they are to go.
For a small number of sites you could use:
UPDATE SURVEY_EVENT SET SURVEY_EVENT.SURVEY_KEY = 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
WHERE (((SURVEY_EVENT.LOCATION_KEY) in ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'))
Where zzzz is also the location key of one of the sites. Not sure how many sites you can do in one go like this, but it will be limited by the total length of the command string.
You might also want to adapt it to set the changed date and changed by fields and add a comment, but the principle should be the same.

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

Thank you, I think it should work. I'll experiment

Christine