Topic: Indicia App

General question regarding the iRecord App.

I had assumed that the app was linked directly to the iRecord database (and so the live Indicia warehouse). However, i have this morning had a volunteer come in who has submitted a number of records via the app a week or so ago. He wanted to see the process we use to access and import the records.

Logging in to iRecord as the MBB administrator i used the LERC Download to access the data. The app records do not appear to have been included.

Are the app records being kept in a separate/temporary database before being forwarded?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Indicia App

Hi

The records do rattle straight through iRecord and in to the Indicia database as you expect.
Records may be stored in different  surveys as you probably realise.
The iRecord app has its own survey for records (called 'iRecord App')
Do you select this survey and get some records in the download?
I'm not clear if you are missing all app records or just those of this particular recorder.
Also, can the recorder see their own app records in iRecord? Are we confident that they made it in to the database?

Regards,
Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

I had just selected to download 'all'. Though have now realised that while the survey does appear on the list i set the filter for records up to and including 2015... Of course the app only came out earlier this year so i wouldn't have any..

Schoolboy error.

For info the Nature Locator | Plant Tracker survey is now sending through recorder names as what appear to be GUIDs. Possibly intentional(?) not a major issue for us.

I see what you mean about the GUIDs. It only appears to be older records. I have a recollection that the first version of the app worked without a log in and the second version introduced a log in process so that, amongst other things, we could better identify recorders.

Indicia is doing it's best to find something approaching a recorder name and it has reverted to a field for 'CMS Username' in the absence of anything else. This was used in the early days to store Drupal user names. The app is putting the GUID in this field so that is what Indicia is reporting.

It is not very pretty but just ignore it since, as far as I can see, we have no recorder name for those records. I think this is a case of working as designed.

Regards,
Jim Bacon.

Cheers Jim.