Topic: GBIF -data still not showing

Some years ago - in the long-lost days of G4- our HBRG data were visible on GBIF.

Provision to GBIF from NBNG was then summarily suspended, without reference to data managers.

I was assured last year that the connection with GBIF was about to be restored, after I had given all the necessary permissions.

Our current NBNG datasets are still not showing there.

Please tell us why there is continuing delay in implementing this, and when you expect the data will again be displayed on GBIF

Murdo

Re: GBIF -data still not showing

Hi Murdo,

You are correct that we started the process of asking for permissions and licences for datasets to be transferred to GBIF last year. As the Network is large, it took a little time for us to get enough feedback to send the first batch of datasets over the GBIF. Just last week, GBIF started the process of updating their database with licensed datasets, so I am hopeful that you will be able to start to see the updated NBN datasets there soon.

Ella

Thanks, Ella.  Would you please post here when these are live on GBIF?

M.

Three weeks on, is there any progress on this?

M.

Murdo,

GBIF have informed us the the process of licensing and re-uploading their datasets is underway as we speak. A summary of their progress was published yesterday, and can be found here http://www.gbif.org/newsroom/news/data- … -milestone

Ella