1 (edited by Syrphus 10-06-2016 06:36:11)

Topic: Apologies for the repetiton, but ...

... the Gateway is down yet again.

M.

Re: Apologies for the repetiton, but ...

Half and hour later I find it IS working.  However it would be nice to get access predictably and when we want access, rather than "Computer says 'no'".

On 16 April Janet Simkin asked in another thread re another persistent problem: 'Could someone please tell us what is the problem, and what is being done about it?'  So far no-one from NBN/JNCC has replied.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that we have an explanation for these long-standing and persistent failures, and some assurance that they are being investigated with a view to correcting them.  The Gateway would not exist without the input of the users, whether as recorders or data managers, and they deserve a little bit of courtesy in return.

M.

Down again!
No further comment required.

Christine
OHBR

And still down now.

When are we (yes, I mean the folk without whom the Gateway would be nothing at all) going to get an explanation of the reason for the appalling service on this resource, and a statement of what is being done to correct it?

M.

And still I am unable even to get the taxon search page.

M.

And this morning I still am unable to access the site (and no, it is not my connection), getting a 'Server error' message inviting me to report the matter on the Forum.

I do wonder why, as no-one in any position of authority seems to care whether the site works or not.

M.

7 (edited by stevemcbill 17-06-2016 09:30:43)

The Webservices Dictionary was obviously down last night too (16/06/2016) as RODIS could not find a couple of species for which I was attempting to enter records (Bombus lucorum/terrestris and Tomocerus longicornis).  As these species are not in the RODIS Internal Dictionary it has to pull them from the NBN Webservices Dictionary and they could not be found.

The connection to the Webservices Dictionary is now working fine (10:00am on 17/06/2016) as I have just entered the above mentioned records.  So I assume that whatever was wrong has now been 'fixed' at the NBN end.

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

If it was fixed it has gone down again. And still a deafening silence from anyone who might be able to tell us what the problem is and what is being done about it.

M.

I managed to get details of one species just now, but when I tried immediately afterwards to call up the one I have been trying unsuccessfully to see for the past 24h, Computer says 'No', hanging interminably on the 'Processing ...' stage.

M.

Hey ho, here we go again. Or rather here we do not go. The grid maps are not loading.

M.

Four hours later I get the maps I wanted. Wonderful.

M.

... and again.  The site cannot be reached.

Is it really too much to expect that someone might tell us what the problem/s is/are, and what is being done make the Gateway the useful resource we would like?

M.

13 (edited by charliebarnes 06-07-2016 15:23:16)

Still down for me.

(oh, and the time on the forum posts seems to be wrong - it's still down at _16_:22)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership