Topic: Down yet again

I have just tried to call a couple of species from the Taxa page. The page opens, but the small grid map fails to load, the link the the full grid map fails to load, and the IMT is covered with those lovely pink squares we got to know so well when G5 was (prematurely) launched.

On 16 April (today is 30 April, so 2 weeks ago) Janet Simkin, someone with vastly more patience and courtesy than me, asked after another of the now frequent outages  "Could someone please tell us what is the problem, and what is being done about it?"

So far no answer from anyone, so are we supposed to assume that no-one knows what the problem is?; or does not care?; or does know but is doing nothing about it?; or that the people who provide the Gateway with its raw materials and raison d' etre - the recorders and data managers - are considered so irrelevant that an answer is simply not required?

M.

Re: Down yet again

And this morning, I find the previously (and more than once) reported problem where the Taxon search page shows no taxa.  I suppose we can all make other plans now until after the May Day break.

M.

I thought it was a forlorn hope, but ever the optimist I have just tried to do what I first tried on Saturday evening and found that I succeeded.

M.

There seem to have been some issues throughout last week but the Gateway and services have been working today.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

No response at all from the Gateway server this afternoon - not even a "can't connect message"!
Once again a report to complete and no access to our data.

Please replace the elastic bands or bent paperclip which this antiquated, creaking system relies on asp.

Thanks

Christine
OHBR

Very slow to load data.nbn.org.uk

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Seeing the same here. I think there was work being done on the servers over the weekend, whether or not that's anything to do with it..

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" when trying to download some data

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

No connection again!!