Topic: How do I reinstall Easy Login?

CAUSE:
Ran out of memory and server crashed during enable of Easy Login module.

PROBLEM:
I can't save any records to the warehouse. I get the following error

An error occurred
There was an SQL error: ERROR: record "old" has no field "anonymous" CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT (OLD.anonymous = false AND NEW.anonymous = true)" PL/pgSQL function update_cache_occ_private_recorders() line 3 at IF - update cache_occurrences co set recorders=s.recorder_names from samples s where s.id=co.sample_id and s.deleted=false and s.recorder_names is not null and s.recorder_names<>''

FAILED RESOLUTION:
I've tried uninstalling the Easy Login module following this guidance

https://www.drupal.org/node/157632

In summary setting the status of Easy Login to 0 in the system table and deleting the "system_list" entry from the "cache_bootstrap table"

I then tried to reinstall Easy Login but still get the original error

Re: How do I reinstall Easy Login?

Hi

An informed guess but I think this will be an error on our test warehouse caused by some tidying up done earlier in the week. I know some columns were deleted from a table but it looks like there is a function still referring to them. I'll check with colleagues and let you know the outcome.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jim Bacon.

Thanks Jim,

I was just about to remove and reinstall Drupal completely but I will hang fire. If it helps I attach a screenshot of my /user/1/edit screen showing various notices and warnings

Paul

Post's attachments

Capture.JPG 204.08 kb, 2 downloads since 2016-04-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi

I've made a change which, by inspection, should fix the SQL error that you first posted. I don't know if that will cure all ills.

While I was about it I stumbled upon another problem with building cache_tables, temporarily resolved, but I think this is unrelated.

Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

I can submit data entry forms again and see the records in the warehouse so it looks like you've cracked it. I'm still getting the error messages when updating user settings but this could be related to Drupal crashing during enabling of the Easy Login module. I'm happy to leave it as is for the time being as it is only a play instance anyway. I will remember to give index.php a bigger memory allocation when we come to reinstall / install a production copy.

Thanks again

Hi Paul,

I had a look at the code which is triggering your errors and it seemed to be picking a fight with a response from the warehouse, specifically a request for data from a view called list_locations. When I tried to examine that view via an admin interface I got a permission denied error. I spotted an inconsistency which I have corrected. Let my know if that has got rid of those error messages. I will see it I can trace the source of the problem at this end.

Jim Bacon.

Boom, all errors gone! Nice detective work

Great. I appreciate your help locating the problems. These were all introduced by our efforts to tidy up the code running on the testwarehouse last week. This last one I think was probably just a copy and paste oversight when running some database updates manually.

Jim Bacon.