Topic: How to get Verification 5 form

In topics here and here I have been advised to abandon Verification 3 form and instead use Verification 5 form, as bugs in the former will not be fixed.

Where do I find the Verification 5 form? The downloads page at http://www.indicia.org.uk/downloads only has

iform drupal 7 0.9.0.zip

, which is what I have.

If the Verification 5 form is still in development status, is it safe to install it on a production website?

Is the interface similar to Verification 3 form? I have spent the last month training my clint's verifiers to work with that form so it may not go down well if they are forced to change to a different interface.

Thanks, Chris

Chris Dee
Garganey Consulting

Re: How to get Verification 5 form

Hi Chris,

What I wrote was "I am not inclined to suggest we do any maintenance on an old version of the form unless you have some special reason. My recommendation is that you change to the Verification 5 form." which is not the same as what you have said. Indicia is an open source project. We would happily consider any fixes that the community would like to submit. There is no reason at all why the Verification 3 form should not be fixed although my opinion is that effort is better focused on the more recent version.

Because resources are scarce we have not been through a release cycle recently which means that the development branch of the code contains many features and bug fixes that are not present in the version on the download page. There are risks associated with using the development code but, of late, when I use Indicia I take that risk and, if I find a bug, I contribute a fix for it.

The Verification 5 form is currently in use on iRecord which is a production site. I believe it has a lot of similarity with the Verification 3 form. However, since I have not developed and have barely used either, you are reaching the limits of the knowledge that I have to share.

In order to obtain the current development version of the iform module you need to download 3 components from the Git repository. You can use a Git client if you wish to track or contribute changes. To download the latest snapshot of the module
1. Get and unzip https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal- … evelop.zip. Rename the folder to iform.
2. Get and unzip https://github.com/Indicia-Team/client_ … evelop.zip then copy the contents of the client_helpers-develop folder in to the iform/client_helpers folder.
3. Get and unzip https://github.com/Indicia-Team/media/a … evelop.zip then copy the contents of the media-develop folder in to the iform/media folder.

Install it the same way as any Drupal module upgrade but be sure to keep your copy of the original iform module in a backup location (don't rename it in the modules folder as it will be scanned by Drupal if it is in there). In addition, copy over the iform/client_helpers/helper_config.php from the previous to the new version.

I think that should be it but I am writing from memory.

Jim Bacon.

Hi Chris

In trying to answer your other questions, I had a bit more of a look at the Verification 5 form. I noted that, compared to the Verification 3 form, it has more sophisticated filtering, offers finer grained options for verification than just verified and rejected, shows the map above the details and not as a tab within the record details, and allows the verifier to redetermine a record if it has been mis-identified.

Jim Bacon.

Jim

Thanks - that may help persuade my clients that Verification 5 is an improvement.

Chris

Chris Dee
Garganey Consulting

Hi Jim,

which report would be the preferred for this form?
There is no special report for verification 5 report grid I think.
I tested
For Report grid: Basic verification grid
For Details: Record data for verification and
For Attributes: Record attributes for verification
Is there any other report ?

Best wishes
Jürgen

Hi Jürgen

I've never had to create a site using this form but I can log in to our iRecord website and tell you what has been configured there.

Report Name: Library/Occurrences/Explore records using standard filters
Report for map output: Library/Occurrences/Explore records using standard filters - mapping
Report for lo res map output: Library/Occurrences/Explore records using standard filters - lores mapping
Report for record details: Reports For Prebuilt Forms/Verification 3/Record data for verification
Report for record attributes: Reports For Prebuilt Forms/Verification 3/Record attributes for verification

The filtering available with the Verification 5 form probably needs reports "using standard filters"

An advanced user can, of course, create their own reports to match their specific requirements.

Hope that is some help to you.
Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

thanks.

I tested these reports for Report Name as well:
library/occurrence/verification grid report 3
prebuild_forms/verification_1/basic verification grid

Jim Bacon wrote:

An advanced user can, of course, create their own reports to match their specific requirements.

Of course, but it helps to know a standard configuration.

Are there any known bugs with map layers? Seems that verification form 5 only works with google satellite not with other base layers?

Best wishes
Jürgen

There was a problem with Google layers back in the autumn. However, if you are using Verification 5 I presume you have got the whole of the media library from the develop branch of the repository which would contain the fix. No other know problem as far as I am aware.
Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

yes, I'm using develop branch. Are changes made only in OpenLayers.js or in the minified version too?
But problems with google should not have any effect on other base layers. No other bas layer works in verification 5, but in all the other prebuild_forms.

Jürgen

Hi
Yes, changes were made in the minified version too (Be aware that the minified version lacks functions that are in OpenLayers.js so I have had occasions when I cannot use it.)
I agree, if it affects other layers and it only affects Verification 5 then there is some other problem.
Do you see any JavaScript errors?
Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

yes, there are javascript-errors in verification 5 form, but for other reasons.
The effect, that there are no other base map layers in verification 5 and verification 4 form is a browser specific behaviour and only in these two forms.
Firefox looks good.
Opera and Chrome doesn't show other base map layer than google.

Best wishes
Jürgen

Hi Jürgen

Good detective work. I observe the same as you.
If I view our iRecord website verification 5 page and switch to Open Street Map, the map appears in Firefox but not in Chrome.
If I switch to a recording form then Open Street Map shows fine in both browsers.

Jim Bacon.