1 (edited by DaveSlade 17-01-2008 09:42:17)

Re: Recorder 6 Multi-user error?

I'm suddenly getting a problem with more than one user entering data into Recorder 6. The essence of the problem is that if one person has Recorder running then no one else can enter a record. There is no exception generated simply an error message stating that someone else is saving a record and that the user should try again later. Only by restarting Recorder with the first user turned off can the second user enter a record. This was not the case two days ago!

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

2 (edited by DaveSlade 17-01-2008 10:39:26)

In fact it's not even letting one person enter records now, despite there being no-one else logged on.  The message being offered as an explanation is given here:

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/uploaded/RecorderError.JPG

I've now got two data entry staff twiddling their thumbs.

Dave Slade

Hi Dave,
This sounds like a locking issue on your server. Is there any way you can get the SQL Server process restarted on the machine that's running Recorder? This would fix it (there are better ways but they would require a DBA to hand!).

Regards

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

4 (edited by DaveSlade 21-01-2008 12:37:16)

John, I restarted the server first thing to try to resolve the issue, and it worked for a while but the problem re-appeared within an hour.

Subsequently I have found that the error was due to the database reaching it's maximum size.

Dave Slade