Topic: Upgrade notifications?

By serendipity yesterday I discovered that the latest dictionary is ...37 (http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-4615) from August.

I had no notification of this, and in any event I can't find any post in the forum to alert us.  I am on ...2Z, but I can't see any notification in the forum after ...2V.  I must have been alerted to the ...2Z upgrade, but I can't recall how.

Is there a new system to make us aware of upgrades, or have some posts been deleted?

Murdo

Re: Upgrade notifications?

I was wondering about this. If I remember correctly the upgrade to 2Z, which I have, was to correct a specific problem from earlier upgrades that only a few people had. My assumption is that the 30-37 updates will have been similar customised micro-updates that wouldn't have affected everyone and that everyone will fall back in line when the next full update happens

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

Except that the first sentence in the JNCC page is

'You are strongly advised to keep the dictionaries in Recorder 6 updated to the most recent version: 00000030to37.zip'.

M.

That's a big update @ 2.5mb: "These dictionary upgrades bring Recorder 6 into line with the NHM Dictionary as at 15 August 2015. The upgrade mainly adds new taxa to the List of Additional Names. "

Well, here goes nothing...

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

One problem is that although I am subscribed to this Forum, I am not getting the notifications consistently.  I had nothing about Charlie's post above, though I did get a notification of Gordon's post.  I have noticed (and reported) a failure to be notified consistently of posts in other Forums here as well.

Can that bug be identified and sorted, please?

M.

I think the missing announcement is is my fault as I can't see a post for the  Dictionary Upgrade 30 to 37.  I usually put the post under Recorder 6 Announcement with a link from General Announcements.

I not sure what if anything can be done about  missing emails.

Mike Weideli

OK, Mike.  Thanks.

M.

I have made sure I am set to receive emails for all Recorder 6 related posts and will monitor the emails I receive against the posts. The forum uses Pun BB and if anyone has a detailed knowledge of this and can assist with resolving problems the help would be much appreciated.

Mike Weideli