Topic: Recorder 6 - Upgrade v.6.23.2 Build 279

This release and other associated changes is available on the R6 web site.

User who have already installed Upgrade v6.23.2 Build 276 should install this version as it  fixes some bugs in Build 276 and introduced some new features. 

Please read the release notes before installing and rebuild the four index files after the installation.

As reported elsewhere the changes to parsing names in the import Wizard, as stated in the release note,  has not been done (Mantis 210) . It looks like we will need changes for Windows 10, and the intention will be to include the Mantis 210 changes in this release.

Mike Weideli

Re: Recorder 6 - Upgrade v.6.23.2 Build 279

Mostly installed fine but on the Custom Species Cards > minimal I get the message
"The card definition is invalid - measurements attributes require a label".
Have I done something wrong?

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

Thanks for pointing this out. I included the wrong file and will try and fix before it gets onto the R6 site.  Correct version is attached.

Post's attachments

minimal.xml 843 b, 2 downloads since 2015-07-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

I'd be interested in the change to the registry to allow importing of items failing validation.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

In HKey local Machine/ Software/Dorset Software/Recorder 6/Installed Addins go to StdValLib.Recorder 6 Standard Validation and change Installed  from 1 to 0. Do the import and change it back again afterwards.

Mike Weideli

As reported elsewhere the changes to parsing names in the import Wizard has not been done (Mantis 210) as stated in the release notes. It looks like we will need changes for Windows 10, and the intention will be to include it in the release for these.

Mike Weideli