Topic: Recorder Upgrade v6.23 Release Candidate

Release Candidate Upgrade Version 6.23

This upgrade is now available at www.Recorder6.info/Rec6_Upgrade_V6.23.2.276_RC.zip

A release candidate version is one which has undergone testing and which we believe to be correct, but which is being given limited distribution, prior to a full release.  After installation please check that in Recorder 6 help/About Recorder 6  that the version has been updated to 6.23.2.276

Please read the attached release notes before installing.

Please report any problems on the forum.

If you are upgrading from a version prior to 6.22 then you will need to rebuild the Taxon indexes after the upgrade. This is not necessary when upgrading from 6.22

Post's attachments

Recorder 6 - V6.23 Release Notes.zip 8.91 kb, 21 downloads since 2014-12-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Re: Recorder Upgrade v6.23 Release Candidate

I've found one problem with our copy of recorder since upgrading to 6.23

On the 'Enter a single species record' window, the Determiner field has disappeared, the label is there but no where to enter the data

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Ours is the same

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

SQL Server upgrade from 2000

Hi all,
Our Rec6 Is currently using SQL Server 2000, I believe, from scanning the forum that sql server 2012 version works with the 6.23.. rec6 update, however the SQL server 2008 is the latest which is fully supported by Rec6, is this correct?
I take it SQL server 2014 has not really been tested as yet?

Thanks
Rob

Techincally Sql server 2008 is the supported release. Version 6, 23 release candidate will work with Sql server 2012, but as can be seen from the post above and elsewhere there are some problems with the release candidate which need to be fixed  before it becomes the official release.  Germany has run extensive tests on R6 with Sql server 2014 and once 6.23 is corrected and released R6 will work with sql sever 2012 and 2014.

Anyone thinking of  moving to a new version of sql server in the near future should aim to yse 2012 or 2014.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,

Recorder is obviously happy with SQL Server 2012, but is it OK with Windows Server 2012?

Regards,

Dave

As far as I know, but could someone  confirm this please.

Mike Weideli

we use Windows server 2012 and rec6 has been working ok.

Thanks for the information Rob & Mike.

Dave

The final version of R6 v6.23 is now available. See topic http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=5985. The bug on the Species Card has been fixed.

Mike Weideli