Re: transferring data from R2002 to R6 using SQL Express and sa login

Hi

On hitting problems with transferring data from Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 with SQL Express and the sa login I reported this to Dorset Software to be fixed. However, Dorset Software have come back to me to say that the transfer does not succeed because of SQL Express' security comfiguration and that a workaround is required, rather than a change to Recorder 6. The workaround and explanation they have provided is as follows:

In SQL Express the sa login does not have access to the local hard disk, but if you use a trusted connection then it assumes your level of priviledges and can therefore access the C drive.

The solution is:

1. Go to the Recorder 2002\Database folder right click and select the Security tab.

2. Click Add Locations and select the local machine name, then click Ok.

3. In the 'Enter Object Names' box type "Net" and press return, then select the network service. Click Ok and then grant Full Control to the network service account and click Ok.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to try this solution out yet but thought I should at least pass this information on at this stage.

If you do want to try this out and have any questions please post them here and John from Dorset Software might be able to help.

Best wishes,

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC