Re: Problem installing Dictionary

I have installed Recorder v6.10.4.120 which apppears to have run through fine.  I am now trying to run the Dictionary Upgrade scripts and am being told that Recorder is not correctly installed on this machine.  Upgrade cannot proceed.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you resolve the problem??

Hi

If you have installed V6.10 (rather than upgrading a previous version) then you don't need to run any further updates to the dictionary just yet (though the next update is imminent).

I presume that you can open and use Recorder ok? As a first step it is worth checking your registry entries to make sure everything looks ok there.

Go to Start - Run and type in "regedit". Then browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dorset Software\Recorder 6

Specifically check that the INSTALLATION PATH and LOCAL DATA PATH are correct, and also Server name etc.

There are also other registry entries you could double-check under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dorset Software\Recorder 6\Settings

Note: It's important not to edit registry entries unless you are familiar with them as you can cause serious damage to your system.

John - is there anything else worth double checking?

Best wishes,

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Looking at the code, I'm pretty sure this error message is complaining that one of the 2 registry paths mentioned above by Sarah is missing.

Good luck!

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT