Topic: problems setting dates on access requests

HI

This morning, I was trying to grant an access request for a research project.

I intended to set a date limit on it, and tried initially to set it as October 2014.  This brought up an error screen and brought me back tot he access management screen.  I clicked again on grant request, date limit, and opted for the default date limit of a year ahead - still received an error screen.  hence in the end I was forced to pick the indefinite date option.

I have also just tried to grant one of a multiple set of requests pending from January which were tests, and that granted on a date-limitation of Jan 2015 with no error message.

Was it just a momentary glitch in the limited-access facility, or is it being more selective on whether we can set a time limit on dataset?  Anyone else having trouble with this facility?

Re: problems setting dates on access requests

It looks like it was a momentary glitch, but if this happens again, it would be very useful for us if you could get in contact with us with details about the request causing the issue so we can try and follow through on any potential issues that may yet be lurking on our end as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

I've had a similar problem, and have just posted a message in http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=5194

I first noticed it last week (can't remember the date) but I still couldn't grant any requests when I tried today.  I was also using the date limit - I don't want to use the indefinite date option.

Ellie

Eleanor Knott
Devon Biodiversity Records Centre

Just picked up this post elsewhere in the forum and wanted to add i also had the same problem yesterday. Applying a year constraint prevented me from approving the request. In the end i left it open ended. (Normal log out clear cache etc.. tried).

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

HI, this is the same as my error, only fixed by going to indefinite date.
As I have not had any access requests to grant in the meantime, I have not been able to check whether it has happened again.

I think it started happening after we received a message about date-expiry problems with previously granted requests being oddly dated, (the message was from Rachel Stroud), as when I went to an old access request which I had never granted, I was able to time-limit that one!  weird stuff.

BDeed wrote:

Just picked up this post elsewhere in the forum and wanted to add i also had the same problem yesterday. Applying a year constraint prevented me from approving the request. In the end i left it open ended. (Normal log out clear cache etc.. tried).

6 (edited by matt.debont 28-05-2014 15:45:05)

Ok, so there looks to be an issue with granting some access requests when giving a time limited response, I will be looking into the issue as soon as possible and thank-you for raising it. If anyone with this issue could please contact me via email with further details if at all possible and I will try and get back in touch with you as quickly as I can, you should be able to reach me through the forum email link.

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

I can't get as far as choosing the date, the system just hangs as soon as I click on grant. It's been like this for the last couple of days, was the same the last time I tried about a month ago, and the same a couple of months before that. In between there were times when it worked with no problem, so it's another of those annoying intermittent faults.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society