Topic: Problem with dataset admin access

First, the good news.  Maps seem to be working.  However ...

On Monday a new HBRG dataset for which I am admin was uploaded - GA001315.  It required a minor edit to the metadata, and on Monday I had trouble with inconsistent behaviour - sometimes the set was shown in my list, sometimes not; when I first tried to edit, I got a 'could not complete' error, and subsequently when I tried to access the metadata and other options, I got one of the NBN error messages (white panel on blue bg - I can't recall if it was 'page not found' or something else).

On Tuesday morning I tried again, and things seemed to be OK.  However in the evening I realised that there was still a problem.  Just now I have tried again, and without being too exhaustive, tried out some options:

Going direct to https://data.nbn.org.uk/User, the set is not shown in the list.
Adding '?' to bypass the cache https://data.nbn.org.uk/User? and it is still not shown.
Reload that last URL - 10min ago the set was listed, now it is not.
Download log from the universal link at the top of the User page does not show the set at all (Opera) or shows the dataset panel but the 'working'wheel continues to rotate - still doing it several minutes later (Chrome).  There is at least one download, I know, from an occasion yesterday when it did work. Other datasets are OK.
When I tried yesterday to add my co-administrator, there was a system error when I clicked for the user name to be added as admin.

I don't know what is going on, but once again we have inconsistency which cannot be reliably reproduced, and I am wasting more of my valuable time telling you about it.  Please sort it.

Murdo

Re: Problem with dataset admin access

There appears to have been an issue with the transnational replication to one of the warehouses, we have removed this from the database pool until we can figure out what went wrong. It should work in the mean-time please let us know again if it doesn't.

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK