Topic: Marine Recorder - Version 5 - contracted out work

Over the next few weeks I may get chance to upgrade our installation to version 5.

I have a series of contractotrs who will continue to do work for us and already have a SiteID and Check code and existing NNBData file containing data (though the top copy will always rest with us); should I be issuing them with a new SiteID & Check code? Here is my dilema:

- I don't yet know how onerous the upgrade process is and clearly I will be upgrading the top copy datasets anyway (which we could have amended internally to correct errors, so the contractors holdings may differ to ours), so why would I ask a contractor to duplicate the upgrade process?
- Might I be better to issue fresh SiteIDs to contractors and ask them make new data entry into an empty NBNData file with the new SiteID?

What have other organisations that contract data entry done in terms of this issue.

Thanks

James

Re: Marine Recorder - Version 5 - contracted out work

Hi James,

Its not possible to merge v4 products with v5 products/top copies......so the contractor (irrespective of your decision on new/current site IDs) will need to be on v5.
hope that helps a little.

thanks,
Lynn

3 (edited by James Dargie 22-04-2014 09:55:33)

Re: Marine Recorder - Version 5 - contracted out work

Hi,

Indeed, so what do JNCC recommend with regard to the SiteID question what are the other agencies doing?

Thanks

james

Lynn Heeley wrote:

Hi James,

Its not possible to merge v4 products with v5 products/top copies......so the contractor (irrespective of your decision on new/current site IDs) will need to be on v5.
hope that helps a little.

thanks,
Lynn