Re: Filter = Nothing

Greetings.

I would like to show samples in the Taxon Hierarchy which DO NOT have a sample reference.

To do this, how do I put 'nothing' in the filter box? I've tried "" and ''.

Any Ideas?

Cheers,

Lizzy Peat
HBIC

have you tried NULL ??

IT Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

NULL doesn't work. (Thanks for the suggestion though Luck)

Lizzy Peat
HBIC

Hi Lizzy and Luck

I don't know of a way you can do with this within the Recorder 6 interface at the moment - this is something I was discussing with Charles Roper very recently and would be a useful addition that has been well and truly noted.

In the mean time, if you have access to SQL Server tools (e.g. Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio) see this post - http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=427.

Alternatively, you could use the linked Access database to locate these records, and then (so long as you didn't have lots) you could copy the survey_event or sample keys and use the 'Go To' addin to locate each entry in the observation hierarchy.

To locate survey_events without spatial references using the Access database you need to:

Open the linked Access database (located in Recorder 6 Server/Database with a default network installation) (no need to convert or anything just open)

Open the Survey_Event table

Click on a cell (any cell) in the Spatial_ref column. Right click.

In 'Filter for:' type in null and then <enter>

This should now only display survey events without any spatial references (you can then use the survey_event_keys with the 'Go To' addin and fix any problems in the observation hierarchy - remember to check the samples too).

There also might be cases where someone has typed 'unknown' here. If you wanted to check this you need to unfilter. To do this click on any cell in the Spatial_Ref column again, right click and select 'Remove Filter/Sort'. Then right click again and in 'Filter for:' type in unknown and then <enter>.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC