Topic: Biotopes missing in merged NBNDATA?

We have a survey/dataset supplied from a contractor in the original NBNDATA format. The samples all have biotopes assigned. Before merging into our main NBNDATA file, I've compacted/repaired both the source and destination dbs before merging, but post-merge many of the samples are missing their biotopes.

Has anyone ever had similar issues? All advice and suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte.

Re: Biotopes missing in merged NBNDATA?

Are they system supplied or user added biotopes? If the latter, then I don't think they are exported if you use the "Export data" procedure from within recorder.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

User added biotopes. The weird thing is that some of the samples still have their biotopes, others don't, and I can't tell what distinguishes the former from the latter...

I used MarineMerge v4.0 - haven't noticed an 'export data' option - is that just in Recorder or Marine Recorder too?

Thanks,
Charlotte.

Whoops sorry; ignore the bit about Export data, I was in (terrrestrial) Recorder land.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

No worries ;-)

Is the source NBNData file in exactly the same version as the target?  It should have come up with a prompt window if not but still worth checking.

We did check this beforehand and to the best of my knowledge the answer is yes...

Maybe MR5 will be the answer to all our problems!