Topic: Intermittent service

Hi,

I have been using the APIs for about 5 months and there continues to be an intermittent service (servers going down). I use the services mainly in the evenings and at weekends and I would say approximately 10% of the time I have problems because the servers are down. For example from 11pm last night (5th Feb) to 8am this morning I was unable to use the services and the website was unresponsive. I appreciate you are no doubt doing your best to fix these issues but it would be great to know a little about the problem, what the solutions are and if there are specific 'at risk' periods we should avoid.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Intermittent service

Unfortunately there was a database issue last night which we had no warning over but left the service semi-functional so it wasn't picked up by the automated scripts. I will see if I can get a more general picture of at risk periods, but usually if there are issues they will occur in the early morning.

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Just a further note, the general at risk times for the gateway, tend to be from midnight - 3:00 that's when the warehouses are chewing on new imports and statistics and some odd stuff may happen, we are working on some solutions to try and reduce any risks during this process at the moment, but currently that's when weird stuff might happen

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Thanks Matt, that is useful to know.