Topic: Recorder 3.2 Data Export

Hi,

Can anyone supply a set of simple instructions to export a complete Recorder 3.2 database to a single CSV or TAB-delimited text file containing all records and attributes. I have a very well-known moth recorder who has data in this format he wishes to extract to pass on to his County Moth Recorder as a flat file.

Many thanks for any help.

Best wishes,
Les

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Re: Recorder 3.2 Data Export

It'll probably be easier for all concerned if you send me the dataset and I'll extract the information in the format you desire and return it to you.  Using Windows Explorer, locate the main RECORDER folder, probably in C drive.  Open it to reveal the sub-folders.  Copy the one called DATA and send it to me.  I'll assume it won't be enormous and so will probably email ok, but if it doesn't then PM me and I'll let you have my postal address.  I'm not a moth person, so the data will be safe with me.  I'll delete the DATA folder afterwards anyway.

Re: Recorder 3.2 Data Export

Bob, many thanks for the offer. I've managed to find some old documentation filed away and successfully extracted all of the data needed.

Best wishes,
Les

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme