Topic: Download reasons confusing

Having a small piece of available time, I decided to have a browse through the Downloads of our NBN Gateway datasets, at public or granted resolution.

To my surprise, I came across a download from a wildlife Trust work colleague had downloaded data for the stated Use category of Commercial and consultancy.

I decided to test this myself, and downloaded some of our own Otter data.  I selected the NGO Conservation work as the reason for download, and added a comment about testing.....

Moments later, my own download appeared in my download log for that dataset as commercial consultancy in the use category!

Now that's a bit misleading........

Louise
CPERC

Re: Download reasons confusing

Hello Louise

Thank you for pointing this out. Looking on the download wizard form, the purpose option 'Conservation NGO work' is given as 'Commercial and consultancy work' in the database, hence why this appearing in the download logs. Will raise this issue to be corrected

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Thanks.

Is it worth checking that there are no other oddities in that list?

Hello Louise

This one does seem to be the only oddity in the list

Best wishes

Graham

This seems to now be set correctly in the logs on the Gateway itself, but is still coming up as commercial instead of NGO in the email notifications.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Hannah - GIS and Data Infrastructure Officer
The Wildlife Information Centre

6 (edited by charliebarnes 13-01-2014 13:03:49)

And "Conservation NGO work" shows in the drop down filter list on https://data.nbn.org.uk/Reports/Download as "Commercial and consultancy work"

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks Steve and Charlie

I have flagged these use categories to be corrected to "Conservation NGO work"

Best wishes

Graham