Re: EOleException: Login failed for user NBNUser

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just upgraded our Recorder 2002 database to Recorder 6 Server version.  We have successfully imported our data into the new SQL database.   As a test we installed the Recorder 6 workstation onto the server.  This works fine.  We plan to run the Recorder 6 workstation through a citrix server.  We have a mapping on the Citrix server to the Recorder 6 Server.  We then installed the Recorder 6 Workstation.  When we double click on the Recorder 6 icon the splash screen appears followed by the following error message:- EOle Exception: Login failed for user NBNUser. 

There are no firewalls situated between the Citrix server and Recorder 6 server so we do not think it is a comms issue.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any ideas what the problem might be? :(

i'm having the same issue.

IT Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

Thanks for letting us know.  We were beginning to think we were the only ones getting this problem.  If you manage to resolve the problem then please let is know as we have run out of ideas at the moment!

i have reinstall database then recorder 6 server and install recorder 6 standalone and the same problem hasn't occur this time.

IT Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

We only have the network installation.  Don't quite understand why you would need to install both Recorder 6 server and Recorder 6 Standalone installation as we are planning to the run the Recorder 6 Server version with multiple workstation installs.  We have reinstalled all the software serveral times but still get the same error.

i think you would get that error if you install just server version on the server. I'm not curtain what's the reason of installing workstation and network version on the server but it works. I have also successfully installed workstation on other pc. Now I gonna import 1.3 million records from 2 copies of recorder 2000 on to the rec 6 server, which i hope not to get any error, which it did in the previous version.

IT Officer
www.record-lrc.co.uk

We have installed the server and workstation version on the database server and have logged in successfully but have installed the workstation version on our Citrix server several times and tried to log-in without success.  There is a mapped link on the citrix server to recorder.exe that works on the database server so we can't understand why the error message appears.

Hi Darren, I think the Hampshire record centre (HBIC) run Recorder 6 through Citrix (although I could be wrong). It might be worth contacting them directly to see if they can offer any advice.

Charles Roper
Digital Development Manager | Field Studies Council
http://www.field-studies-council.org | https://twitter.com/charlesroper | https://twitter.com/fsc_digital