Topic: Access to NBN via Browser 'Opera'?

I have used Browser Opera for years but though the NBN site is generally ok now, the useful Interactive Map Tool does not seem to function with it. 'Loading the Map' just hangs forever! The Tool seems to operate with IE Browser but I only use this 'in extremis'.  Is the Interactive tool restricted under many Browsers?

Re: Access to NBN via Browser 'Opera'?

I have reported exactly this problem during testing.  In fact it is unpredictable - sometimes the IMT works perfectly in Opera, sometimes it does not.  It is inexcusable that an established browser like Opera (even if used only by the select few) should not be accommodated fully in a resource like this, especially when the old Gateway worked fine.  Now I have to switch every now and then to Chrome, which is another of the many reasons that I ask myself 'What exactly is Gateway 5 for?'.

Murdo

Thanks Murdo -we'll hope a reply emerges!
I'm a fairly new user of the NBN resource and, noting I'm based near you, in Glenurquhart/Drumnadrochit, wonder if you have a quick answer to a different topic ( I'll start  new thread if not). In searching the database for Skye marine records. NBN  'vice-county' areas dont seem to include Skye within their 'West Ross, Westerness, or Outer Hebrides' -any ideas ?
Regards Neil

Skye and the Small Isles are VC 104, N Ebudes.

M.

Thanks - How gloriously obscure to have N Ebudes for Skye!

Hello

The issue with the new version of the Interactive Mapping Tool not working using Opera has been raised to be looked into. The Mapping Tool works with other browsers - Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome

Best wishes
Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer