Topic: Request: admin comments on Access Requests

As expected, v5 has led to a large increase in data requests. This morning I have emailed three people asking for more information so until I hear back they stay live. If I don't hear back I'll need to remember to deny them later.

I administer different datasets with different colleagues. Somehow we'll need to know what the state of the data request is. For our usual enquiries we have a database to do this, so any member of the team can pick up when the person who has primary responsibility is out of the office and see if they have been quoted, if its on hold, in progress etc. etc. We don't need anything that elaborate on the Gateway, but we need something.

Probably as simple as a admin comment facility on the request. So I could put a comment "Emailed requesting fuller reasons and more defined geographic area 6/11/14 TF" and not only would my fellow dataset administrators be able to see the comment and know they didn't need to send the requester an email, but I would be able to see it myself in two weeks time when I'd forgotten whether I'd emailed or not.

If this exists already great, please point me in its direction. :)

-----------------
Teresa Frost | Wetland Bird Survey National Organiser | BTO
Other hat  | National Forum for Biological Recording Council
(Old hats  | NBN Board, ALERC Board, CBDC, KMBRC)

Re: Request: admin comments on Access Requests

Hello Teresa

Thanks for the suggested improvement to help you administrate your access requests which I have added on to the list of suggested improvements

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Graham