Topic: Recorder 6 Upgrade 6.19.1 Release Candidate

Upgrade 6.19.4 is now available as a ReleaseCandidate at www.Recorder6.info/UpgradeKit614to619Build267RC.zip  .   Details on installing the upgrades together with the release notes are available at  www.Recorder6.info/Recorder6ReleaseNotesv619_Build267RC.doc  . Please download and read the release notes before installing the upgrades.

The Release Candidate  is a version of the Recorder 6 upgrade (Version 6.19 build 267) which has been tested and which we believe to be in its final form, but which we would like to have installed on a few systems before making it more generally available.  If you install the release candidate then you may need to run the final upgrade version when it becomes available on the JNCC web site.

Please note that when installed the R6 Version should read 6.19.4.267 and not as stated in the release notes.

Mike Weideli

Re: Recorder 6 Upgrade 6.19.1 Release Candidate

Thanks Mike

The installation appears to have run through without a hitch (run as admin using the sa login on my W7 64 workstation). The version number is being reported correctly.

No-one else is in the office today so probably won't get any comments in the near future, but I will of course keep you posted of anything untoward.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Mike,

Upgrade ran without any problems, but on checking the version number, Recorder is reporting 6.19.4.267 rather than 6.19.1.267

Don't know if that could cause problems in the future!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Oh yes, so is mine

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Your systems are right. Mine isn't  Should be 6.19.4.267

Mike Weideli

For info, just upgraded to v6.19.4.267 and dictionary 1S without any issues. Is this version now officially released or still a Release Candidate?

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Version 6.19  is now officially released and is on the JNCC R6 Web site.  There is no change from the release candidate so no need to run the upgrade again if you have installed the RC.

Mike Weideli

I have never had a permissions issue with R6 upgrades before, but for some reason I cannot go from 6.18.1.260 to the 6.19.4.
The error message is that all too familiar:
The following file could not be upgraded, either because it is in use or you have insufficient priveleges:
\\SERVER2\Recorder 6 Server\Addins\StdValLib.dll
Please resolve the problem and restart the upgrade.

The only thing that I can think of that has changed since the last upgrade is that I had to move the database over to SQL Server 2008 (Build number 10.50.4000).

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Hi Dave
Can you delete the \\SERVER2\Recorder 6 Server\Addins\StdValLib.dll file OK using Windows explorer first? If it deletes OK, then you should be good to upgrade. If not, then it would prove that some process is holding the file open and you will need to look in each client machine's task manager for possible crashed instances of Recorder or anything that might have accessed this file.
Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks John, the upgrade worked fine this morning, so I guess the file lock had been released!

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk