Topic: Data Access requests

If I recive a Data Access Request for one of the datasets I manage I get an e-mail giving details of the request.  This includes the "purpose" as defined by the various categories on the download form on the Gateway.  The "pupose" shows in the e-mail but is not listed on the page I use to manage these requests within the Gateway.

Would it be possible to include this "purpose" somewhere on the admin page so we can see at a glance the "purpose" of a data download request on this listing.

Re: Data Access requests

Seconded and also the number of records involved. At the moment I can only seem to see this on the "deny" page (it might be on the "grant" page but I haven't granted any yet).

I don't understand the numbers though, e.g. for one I've just received on the deny page it says:

"This request covers 16096 of 9024 records in the dataset, 0 are sensitive records"

"This request covers 159914 of 44245 records in the dataset, 0 are sensitive records"

"This request covers 272 of 7356 records in the dataset, 0 are sensitive records"

(All for requests from the same person for the same thing for different datasets.)

-----------------
Teresa Frost | Wetland Bird Survey National Organiser | BTO
Other hat  | National Forum for Biological Recording Council
(Old hats  | NBN Board, ALERC Board, CBDC, KMBRC)

Re: Data Access requests

Hello Matt and Teresa

I have added your request to the list of suggestions. The issue with the calculated numbers in the message for deny page is known about and on the list

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer