Topic: Recorder 6 XMl Report - Problems V2.zip

XML files for detecting and resolving problems with Recorder 6 data - V2

Post's attachments

ProblemsV2.zip 41.86 kb, 12 downloads since 2013-09-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Bob Merritt 16-09-2013 07:22:53)

Re: Recorder 6 XMl Report - Problems V2.zip

When I attempt to download this file I get a message "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted".

I have replaced the file so please try again. It downloads fine for me, but just in case I have put it on the Recorder6.info site so it can also be downloaded from www.Recorder6.info/ProblemsV2.zip

Mike Weideli

I have found the following which may explain why some users are having trouble and not others. I will see if it can be corrected on the server. In the meantime please try the file on Recorder6.info If this works I will put the other files there.

"There have been reported and validated instances where a downloaded Zip file will open correctly for some users, while others who download the same Zip file find that it is corrupted. Normally, the best thing to do would be to delete Temporary Internet Files  and download the file again.

However, the issue may not be with the original Zip file. It may be caused by settings on the server where the file is stored. Also, downloading with Internet Explorer may be one of the factors in the issue.

If this Zip file download has not been set with the correct mime-type specification (octet-stream) to denote that it is a binary file this issue may occur. Another possibility would be that the server is set to always gzip files being downloaded. In either case, gzip encoding, a Unix compression method, is applied to the Zip file and, for whatever reason, Internet Explorer may then have a problem correctly downloading it.

Options would include downloading this file using a different browser, such as Firefox or configuring Internet Explorer so that gzip encoding is disabled. "

Details on doing this are available at
http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/150/

Mike Weideli

5 (edited by Bob Merritt 17-09-2013 14:09:13)

Download success, using the replacement file in Recorder6/info.  Many thanks.