Topic: web services status

Hi

For some reason I can no longer access the one site data web service although checking it from another page which obviously uses a different key suggests that it's responding okay. Is it possible to get 'banned' from using web services if I try and download too much data at one time? Or is there something else that might cause this?

Ta

Iain

Re: web services status

Interestingly we are also having a problem with accessing One Site data. Our data request tool is throwing up an odd unable to connect error that i have been trying to track down. Do you mind posting when you're back up and running?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

http://www.cucaera.co.uk/nbn-web-services-status/ appears to show it's working okay.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

4 (edited by Luck 13-06-2013 10:34:59)

We noticed the similar issue too but not with all the requests from our servers.

Cheers,
Luck

IT Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

Hi Charlie, I have been checking the site and saw it responding ok which is why I've not been sure where the problem is coming from.

yup, I checked with the tool Charlie put together, which showed that all was good, but the response I'm getting from the request is simply everything set to null, including error desciption. It looks to me like the sort of error that you'd expect if the service wasn't found but I sort of just gave up trying after a while...

iain wrote:

simply everything set to null, including error desciption.

That's interesting - I don't have the code to hand but the tests should be checking against a known response - i.e. a null value should fail the test.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Hi Charlie

This was failing with an exception in a try catch statement in c# - I never actually bothered to look at the exception that was thrown. I'll maybe have a poke about with it tonight if it still isn't working...

Iain

In case it is of use our services started working normally again on Friday.

hmmmm... still isn't working for me

Getting strange error below.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__udf_buildTableFr__0E2FC64B'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.@values'.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at net.nbnws.GatewayWebService.GetOneSiteData(OneSiteDataRequest OneSiteDataRequest)

IT Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

charliebarnes wrote:

That's interesting - I don't have the code to hand but the tests should be checking against a known response - i.e. a null value should fail the test.

But it doesn't - it's just checking to see if a value is set (I think I had the expectation that records may change so anything returned by the gateway would be in flux and not a reliable indicator of it working).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

also gone again for me

Well, this is the error message I'm getting, not sure it's terribly helpful though

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in system.dll

charliebarnes wrote:

But it doesn't - it's just checking to see if a value is set (I think I had the expectation that records may change so anything returned by the gateway would be in flux and not a reliable indicator of it working).

I've modified the code to actually check for an expected value - it all seemed okay last night and seems to working fine for me now.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

The service is back online for us too, bang on at 9am though!

IT Officer
www.record-lrc.co.uk

Hello

Been away on leave for a couple of weeks so am just catching up on the forum posts. Thanks Charlie for updating your nbn web service status check to look for an expected value.

It looks like the web services are working OK now. Let me know if there are still problems with the one site data web service

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer