Re: Biotope List Item

In doing a transfer from Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 I have come across an obscurity, which seemed to have been corrected but incorrectly.

In R2K2 the NVC type MG6aiv Iris pseudacorus variant is there fine.

Come Rec6 it is not there in 6.6.3. It is later 'sort of there' but with the wrong code. It is listed later (all the way up to the latest version 6.10.4.120 as MG1aiv, the rest is correct but the MG1 should be MG6, as there is already an MG1aiv. I would provide the NBN key but they seem to be different in Rec6(?). I assume this is why it failed to come across in the transfer (which in itself is not a problem).

Does that make sense? The reason I saw it as an error was because in the transfer errors this one had not come across and was in the importerrors.mdb under R2K2 folder.

Thanks

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)

Hi Brian

Thanks for posting this up. I'm on annual leave for 2 weeks after today, but I will make a note to look into it when I get back.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Iris pseudacorus variant, MG1aiv (Biotope_list_item key NBNSYS000000609W Revision 3 01/01/1999) and MG6aiv (Biotope_list_item key NBNSYS0000014736 Revision 4 01/01/2000) are both in the Recorder 2002 biotope dictionary but only NBNSYS000000609W is in Recorder 6. Therefore any Recorder 2002 biotope occurrences with biotope list item keys of NBNSYS0000014736 in their biotope determinations will not transfer and will be flagged as in error in UpgradeErrors.mdb.

If you want to get the associated biotope occurrences into Recorder 6, I suggest, as a temporary measure you change any biotope list item keys of NBNSYS0000014736 in biotope determinations to NBNSYS000000609W then transfer the data to Recorder 6 but keep a note of the biotope determinations you have changed and change them back when the biotope dictionary has been corrected.

I don’t know how this revision came to be left out of the Recorder 6 biotope dictionary but there are another 45 that were left out as well – all are Biodiversity Action Plan Priority Habitats, revision 2, 31/10/2001. Perhaps Sarah will be able to get these missing items into the Recorder 6 biotope dictionary on the Recorder 6.10 installation CDs. I found 2 of them in a Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 data transfer I did on Friday: Ancient and/or species rich hedgerows and Lowland heathland.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the work around. Luckily I have no determinations against the MG6aiv, so no problem.

As mentioned in my first email, although the one above was missed off the earlier version of Recorder 6, it did re-appear in later versions, but incorrectly labelled as MG1aiv under MG6, when looking in Recorder at the Bio. Dict. this is seen. Not sure about the key number though.

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)