Topic: R6 -Taxon Occurrence Extra Info Addin

This is a revised version of this addin, which now correctly reports on Zero Abundance.  If you already have this installed then you should remove it from the Addin via Tools/Install/Addin module and then close Recorder an open it again. After this you should also delete  the file from the R6 addins folder. It might be named either ProjectMetaButton.ocx or LCProcjectMataButton.ocx depending on which version you have.  In attempting to correct the spelling in the file name I have caused problems with the installation, so I am reverting back to the original name LCProcjectMataButton.ocx. Unzip the attached file and  Reinstall the addin in the normal way, if necessary copy the file directly into the addins folder before running the install.

This version moves the button to the left.

New users should be able to unzip and install the file in the  normal way.

Post's attachments

LCProcjectMataButton.ocx 724 kb, 7 downloads since 2013-01-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Re: R6 -Taxon Occurrence Extra Info Addin

Hi Mike, I've tried this replacement Addin and I've lost the Extra Info button completely... sorry!

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Just in case the corrected version wasn't there when you tried can you get it again.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, just tried it at home and no joy. Am I missing something here? This Addin installs but I can't see any button or menu item as with the previous Addin.

Les Evans-Hill

Ignore me, wrong Addin! Sorry :-)

Les Evans-Hill

Having installed this Addin, are we supposed to see the a new icon on the menu bar (the same as has been added to the Addin list) when we select a taxon occurrence record?

Mike Beard
Natural Course Project Officer
Greater Manchester Local Records Centre

This addin is the one that should  add a button to the right of the 'DELETE' on the bottom line of the Observation Window. It gives extra information on the selected  Taxon Occurrence .  The other addin   ProjectTaxonMetaButton.ocx add a button to the top of the Taxon Dictionary Browser Window to the right of Hierarchy/List. This provides further information on the selected Taxon.

Mike Weideli

In that case I am glad to report that it appears to have installed correctly for us.

Thanks.

Mike Beard
Natural Course Project Officer
Greater Manchester Local Records Centre