Topic: CANNOT COPY REV22000

For a good numbers of years now I've been keeping the species lists on my version of Recorder 3 up-to-date. I have always copied the full Recorder file to my memory stick when completed. This has never been a problem, until last Saturday - when I tried to copy Recorder, a box appeared after a few minutes of copying which read "Cannot copy Rev22000: data error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have tried various other ways to copy my Recorder file but have always got the same responce.

Can anybody help, please.

Mike Denton

Re: CANNOT COPY REV22000

Species information is stored in the Species folder within Recorder 3.  If all you want to do is keep a backup of your latest changes then just copy this folder to your memory stick - no need to copy the whole Recorder database every time.  I routinely also copy the Data folder to a memory stick.

Many thanks for the information. Unfortunately, however, if I try to copy the Species folder I simply get the same response. I also copy the Data folder on a regular basis and have never had a problem.

I believe this error refers to an underlying data/hardware problem rather than anything Recorder specific.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

5 (edited by Bob Merritt 31-01-2013 10:25:10)

Just a thought.....how about copying the Species folder from the last full Recorder folder that you pasted successfully on your memory stick and pasting it into your working Recorder folder, thus replacing the current offending Species folder (for that is the location of the Rev22000 file you mention) and then carefully repeating the species changes you made earlier making sure you don't inadvertently enter any critical typos (of code numbers for example), and then having another go at copying the folder to your memory stick

Many thanks for the various comments. I created a New Compressed (zipped) Folder this morning and, would you believe it, Recorder 3 copied into it without problems. Aren't computers fickle?