Topic: Login to New Gateway

I feel like this is probably a really dumb question but, if I can no longer make changes on the old site, presumably you want to make all future changes on the new site. Fine by me but where has the login link gone?

Jim Bacon.

Re: Login to New Gateway

Hello Jim

Not a dumb question. Work is going on to move the NBN Gateway to the new version and so the "top copy" is now the new database and not the old one which is the reason why no more changes can be made to the the old site.

It was originally planned to allow login to the new site on release so that changes could be made through the new site but a number of last minute issues has meant that login has needed to be disabled on the new site for now. Work is going on to resolve these issues so that login can be restored for the new site, within the next few weeks

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Hi Graham,

The Welcome screen on the new Gateway say "All systems go...". It might be helpful to qualify this statement.

Regards, Keith

Hello Keith

The text was written to indicate that the first phase of the new version of the NBN Gateway was ready for release but agree it is misleading given the planned phased release and last minute issues. Will look into updating the text on the new homepage.

Best wishes

Graham

Hi

Thanks for the reply, Graham. I should have read the release notes more carefully.

What I actually want to do is register some websites to use web services.
Will this be possible with the next release?
Is there a workaround in the meantime?
Could we re-enable the old site until the new one is fully functional?

Jim Bacon.

Hello Jim

I have spoken to Paul Gilberston, NBN Gateway developer and he is planning to re-enable webservice registration on the old site within the next few days

Best wishes

Graham

Hello Jim

Registration for web service keys has now been re-enabled and is available from a link on the NBN Gateway homepage

Best wishes

Graham

That's excellent, thanks.

I was slightly surprised to see that options are shown to do all sorts of other stuff such as update my account details and request access to datasets. Is that intended?

I'll continue with obtaining a web service key.

Jim.

Hello Jim

Unfortunately providing access to this page for web service key registration also provides access to the other links, however the other options do not work. Re-engineering the page to remove the links would have taken a bit of time and moved the main development focus away from work on the new site.

Best wishes

Graham