1 (edited by Darwyn Sumner (LERC) 04-05-2007 11:08:28)

Re: Misuse of Quick Reports

This is a little complex to explain but essentially boils down to the wish to avoid errors by inexperienced users.
Here's how it happens:
1. I have a number of Templates which require a Wizard to be run in a particular way; using specific rucksacks e.g. BOCC, on specified polygons, using a selected BOCC layout template and finally sending the report output to a specific template (tpl).
2. The layout template must be in my Template folder otherwise it is not selectable.
3. Because it is in my Template folder it is also an item which may be selected from the Quick Report menu (together with every experimental report that anyone has ever tried out here)
4. Inexperienced users want to know why, using the Quick Report method, mosses are appearing in their BOCC bird lists (and of course if they don't spot this and happen to send such a report to a client, the client will want to know why too!)
The real question, of course, is how can I prevent my Wizard/Template designs (1.) from appearing in the Quick Report menus (3.) so as to prevent misuse?