Topic: no record query

Can someone  confirm what is happening here? I am runing a location query on NBN, in this case Ebbor Gorge. Keeping the resolution at 10k and selecting moths I get a 5 page list of moth species. However on selecting a species I get

Show me Abraxas grossulariata records that fall within or overlap Ebbor Gorge recorded at 10k resolution or better.
Show me records recorded after and before    
Based on your filter criteria no data is available. This may be because:

1. if you changed the year filter values, no data may be availble for the new year range.
   2. If you changed the record overlap option to only records which fall within, no data may be available because all records overlap the site only
   3. If you increased the record resolution, for example from 10km to 2km, no data may be available because:
          * there are no records at the higher resolution
          * records do not overlap or fall within the site at the higher resolution

Use the controls above to change your search criteria

I assume here that I get nothing because the records for this species have a resolution less than 10k (but  I don't have access to) and a grid reference away from the site I am interested in, even though they fall within the site's 10k square.

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

Re: no record query

Hello Gordon

The reason why this is happening is that the 2 datasets with Abraxas grossulariata records for this site report  do not allow public download access to the record details. This means the species can be listed in the site report but once you click on the species to see the record details you can not and "no data available" is shown instead.

The new NBN Gateway, which is currently in the process of being released, by applying the new access controls, will remove this confusion as view only access is removed. Clicking on the species listed in the species report will show the record details at the resolution you have access to. This functionality is currently disabled in the new site but should become available as the new site is rolled out.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer