1 (edited by Sarah Shaw 28-03-2007 15:05:23)

Re: For information - Recorder 6 Tutorial document added to uploads page

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I have added the following document produced by Stuart Ball to the uploads page - see http://forums.nbn.org.uk/files/Falkland_Rec6_tutorial_28-03-07.pdf

The document provides general guidance on using Recorder 6, which Stuart produced for Falklands Conservation (hence some of the examples given are Falklands specific - but the general principles and directions remain the same).

Some very useful tips included!

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Hi

Just to keep you updated on where we are with the development of V6.10, I am currently testing the second beta release provided by Dorset Software.

Unfortunately, I have had to move the testing deadline forward (only by a couple of days), mainly due to having to rebuild my testing PC's here. The testing deadline is now Thursday 12th April.

After the testing deadline, I intend to put a revised version of the development plan on the uploads page.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Hi everyone

I've just added a revised version of the 'Recorder Development Plan' to the uploads page, mainly to give users an idea of what we plan to do next after the release of V6.10. See - http://forums.nbn.org.uk/uploads.php.

At the moment the estimated dates for the release of version 6.10 are:

Upgrade only - 14/05/07 (is currently being developed by Dorset Software, who estimate this will take between 1-2 weeks to complete, after which we must re-test before release)

Standalone and Network Installation CD's - 25/05/07

As always, we are aware that users are waiting for the bug fixes included in the new version and will endeavour to release this as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Hi Sarah

I don't know how many people have requested the Falklands tutorial from you, but from my point of view it has been the best set of instructions for R6 that I have come across.

If only Stuart were given the time to work through some of the issues raised on the forum and bring out volume 2!

All the best, Ian

Hi

For info - the Falklands Tutorial document is now available to download at http://forums.nbn.org.uk/files/Falkland … -03-07.pdf.

I've had a couple of requests for this document and the general feedback I'm getting is that it is really useful.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Hi everyone

Just to give you a quick update on V6.10 progress.

I received the final version from Dorset Software on Wednesday 9th of May. I have been testing the upgrade ever since and have not come across anything critical that should delay the release, however, I will need a few more days to generally test the functionality and so won't be able to meet the estimated release date of the 14/05/07.

I'll update you on my progress on Wednesday next week - when we should hopefully be very close to releasing the upgrade.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Hi

Update on progress with testing V6.10.4 as promised.

I've tested roughly 50% of the general functionality, but it's unlikely I will be able to finish the rest of the testing before the end of the week.

I apologise for the delay. Once again I'll provide a further update in 2 days time.

Thank you for your continued support and patience,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC