Re: Records having site centroid grid references

I have recently been imputting records using version 6.9.3.102. and have come across a curious feature.  If the grid reference of a record happens to be identical to the site centroid grid reference of the Location then it is impossible to give a qualifier of anything other than 'Site Centroid'. Clearly, if the grid ref has been provided by the recorder I want to use 'Original Recorder' as the qualifier but it will not accept this.  Even if I go into the hierarchy and try to manually change it, on saving it defaults back to 'Site Centroid'.  This problem is preventing valuable information being stored.

I don't think this was an issue before - has this 'feature' been added recently? - and can it be got rid of soon!

Cheers

Bob

Bob Saville
Lothian Wildlife Information Centre Coordinator

Re: Records having site centroid grid references

Hi Bob

This was something previously raised by Mike Weideli, however, it wasn't clear from the Technical System Design if this was expected behaviour or not.

Following your post I reinstalled Recorder at version 6.7.2, and indeed, as you report you were able to do this previously.

I will therefore raise this as bug to be fixed in a future version (unfortunately we are unable to include this fix in the next release).

Many thanks and best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC